DE CAIRES FAMILY TREE

2»

Comments

• Hello,
    I'm also trying to research a member of the De Caires family, I'm looking for information on my husbands uncle Percy Francis Robert De Caires. He went as Bob or Robert and was born in 1914. He married into another BG family through Daphne Fulton. I would also appreciate any information on the Fultons of Demera BG. Her parents were Wallace Fulton and Elizabeth nee' Pang.

Robert became a doctor and settled in the USA but I'm trying to find his family, parents, siblings. If any of this information seems to ring a bell or if you have any suggestions as to where I could inquire next I would apperciate it.

Thanks, Glenna
  • i think we share the same grand father .
  • You can try writing to THE PRESIDENT of THE PORTUGESE ASSOCIATION,#50 DUNDONALD STREET, PORT OF SPAIN, TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO, WEST INDIES . maybe they might have some of the information that you require .
  • I am also working on the De Caires family tree....anyone that knows frankie (frank De Caires) Lived and died in Guyana in early 1900, Brazil and venezuela fit in there, please respond if anyone has any information. thank you
  • how about frank de caires...guyana
  • Hey by any chance are any of your family members married to a Leca(last name) ? I am trying to get in touch with his family..his name is Carl Leca and of Portuguese decent lived in Guyana..and have a sister named Elaine...i used to remember him talking bout the decaires name at times along with raymond and romeo? All is a fuzzy memory being that this was all said while i was growing up so i as like ten years or so. Please let me know if anything rings a bell in connection with your family tree. His parents were from Portugal i believe and France.
  • hi UNCLE ROGER

I AM HAPPY I CAME AND READ THIS !!! I NEVER KNEW THIS ABOUT MY FAMILY ... DAD ( RICHARD DE CAIRES) NEVER TOLD ME ....

ITS NICE TO HAVE THIS TO MEET MY FAMILIA !!!

LOVE,
    MARYSE.
  • HELLO!!!!
    MY NAME IS MARYSE D CAIRES !!!

UNCLE ROGER !! THANK YOU SOOO MUCH FOR SHARING THIS INFORMATION WITH ME ABOUT MY ROOTS BECAUSE I ALWAYS WONDERED BUT DAD (RICHARD DE CAIRES) NEVER SAID ANYTHING .... I ONLY KNOW THE OF CAIRO PART

IM PROUD TO BE A DE CAIRES <3

NICE TO MEET YOU ALL!!!

MARYSE!!
  • Hi,

My name is Saleena Shaw.

I am currently trying to trace my family's roots.

My grandmother is Vera De Caires, who had two other sisters, Aunty Justina and Aunty Olga.

My great grandmother was named Philomena (mother of Vera, Olga and Justina).

Philomena's sister was Mary. I believe that their last names was either Goncalves/Gonsalves

Philomena was married to a Manoel/Emanuel De Caires had three girls with him (Vera, Olga and Justina). Manoel died when Vera was 1 year old.

I have been informed that Mary, Philomena's sister (my great great aunt) married a Leandro Da Souza and they had 5 sons and one daughter. Compton, Raphael, Stephen, Malcolm, Ambrose and Evelyn.

If we have any family ties, please drop me a line on my email at:-

decairesfamilytreeproject@gmail.com

Thanks,

Saleena
  • Hi Saleena,

Was your ancestral family from the Camacha, Santa Cruz area? The Caires surname is huge there.

- L
  • Hello,
    I'm also trying to research a member of the De Caires family, I'm looking for information on Joao de Caires ....which had worked in Curacao has family in Venezuela and has also worked and went back to Madeira in the years 1940.
  • edited March 11
    Hi Limbo,

I have no idea where exactly they are from, all I know is Madeira.

I have created a family page on facebook for the Decaires/ DeSouza line that I know and I am connected with.

Here is the link if anyone is interested in having a look at same.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/351588585017540/

Saleena