Looking for family

edited December 1969 in Family and Friends
Looking for any info on my ancestors who left Portugal back in the late 1800's. They left on the High Flyer 1, a British ship to Hawaii in January 1880. His name on the log was Manoel Viriato da Silva. We now have the last name of Veriato, and live in Hawaii! He was married to a Maria Isabel. Would very much appreciate any kind of assistance! Thank you!

Comments

• I'M LOOKING FOR THE TELEPHONE NUMBER OF MY AUNT AND UNCLE OR A FORWARDING ADRESS, THEY STAYED AT LADEIRA DA CASA BRANCA, IN FUNCHAL, SHE'S A TEACHER IN ONE OF THE SCHOOLS.
  • I think we are searching for the same family. My ancestors are Manuel Viriato who was married to Maria Isabella Viriato (maiden name unknown). They came from Portugal. They had a son named Joao (John) Viriato (Veriato) b. JAN 8, 1891 in Hilo, Hawaii. He d. JAN 1968 in Honolulu, Hawaii. He married Maria (Mary) Agustus (Augustas) H. Aruda (Arruda). She was b. in Hilo, Hawaii and d. Jan 22, 1978 in Honolulu, Hawaii. Her parents were Joao (John) D'Aruda (Arruda) and he was b. in Portugal and d. 1929 in Hilo, Hawaii. His wife was Maria (Da silva) (D'Aruda) Arruda she was b. in Portugal and d. 1939 in Hilo, Hawaii.

Joao (John) Viriato (Veriato) and Maria Agustus (Augustas) H. Aruda (Arruda) had a child named Deolinda (Linda) Veriato. She was my grandmother and was b. Hilo, Hawaii d. 1974 in Fremont/Newark, California. She married Marion J Carter, SR who was b. Utah and d. 1977 in Hayward, California. Their children were all born in Hawaii. They had son Marion J Carter, JR and Richard A. Carter b. 1943 d.1993. Their daughter was my mother Carolyn J Carter b. Nov 4, 1940 and d. in Roseburg, Oregon in 1996. She married my father Marvin L Curtis aka Gallego b. 1937 in Idaho. Still living. Their children are myself (Laurie L Gallego) and my brother Michael and sister Carrie. All living.

Let me know if this helped you and if we are from the same lines, ok? Any info you can share would really be great too! Thank-you.
  • Hi , My name is jessica faneite and i am looking for my father , Jose Manuel Da abreu which was borned in maderia, i belive in october of 1960 but i am not sure if that is accurate , by now he probably is 52 years old or around that age. He lived in Venezuela , caracas el paraiso and worked in his uncle's family business ( Tranvia Club) as a singer .My Mother Miriam Faneite said she last time she heard from him , he was living in New York , U.S.A. . I met him when i was a baby until i was 4 month old , but my mother moved from venezuela back to the U.S and she lost contact with him . That is all i know of him , please if any body have any information , i will really appreciate it .

THANK YOU VERY MUCH
    regards,
    JESSICA FANEITE
  • Hi , My name is jessica faneite and i am looking for my father , Jose Manuel Da abreu which was borned in maderia, i belive in october of 1960 but i am not sure if that is accurate , by now he probably is 52 years old or around that age. He lived in Venezuela , caracas el paraiso and worked in his uncle's family business ( Tranvia Club) as a singer .My Mother Miriam Faneite said she last time she heard from him , he was living in New York , U.S.A. . I met him when i was a baby until i was 4 month old , but my mother moved from venezuela back to the U.S and she lost contact with him . That is all i know of him , please if any body have any information , i will really appreciate it .

THANK YOU VERY MUCH
    regards,
    JESSICA FANEITE

THANK YOU VERY MUCH
    regards,
    JESSICA FANEITE

Oi, meu nome é jessica faneite e eu estou procurando meu pai, Jose Manuel Da abreu que nasceu na Madeira, eu acredito em outubro de 1960, mas eu não tenho certeza se isso é preciso, por agora, ele provavelmente tem 52 anos ou em torno dessa idade. Ele viveu na Venezuela, Caracas el paraiso e trabalhou nos negócios da família de seu tio (Tranvia Club) como cantor. Minha Mãe Miriam Faneite disse que a última vez que se ouviu dele, ele estava morando em Nova York, EUA. Eu o conheci quando eu era um bebê até que eu tinha 4 meses de idade, mas minha mãe mudou-se da Venezuela volta para os EUA e perdeu contato com ele. Isso é tudo que eu sei dele, por favor, se qualquer corpo tem alguma informação, eu realmente aprecio isso. MUITO OBRIGADO
  • Hi My name is Geonaar Ferreira,

I'am looking for my grandfather his name is Joao De caires. From what I know is that he is from Madeira, he was also a time in Venezuela and Curacao.

He has family in venezuela, where my sister years ago had contact with his brother but she has lost it. I also know that he was between Venezuela and Curacao. And there he met my grandmother and they had a baby, ( my father ) something happened that he went back to venezuela.

So my father was born and my grandmother could not find him, so when he came back my grandmother was angry thought he was gone you know how it goes back in those days. So he went back to venezuela and never seen again.

My father had always asked for his father where he was but my grandmother did not want to talk about it. Until my father was 21 he got a photograph of a man. That man was his father has 30 years walking around with that picture in his wallet.
    I know how much he wants to see his father or knowing anything about his family and in the years I have seen that it is becoming less.
    Now he does not even know where the picture is, I want to see him too and know my family.

So if there is someone who has a grandfather or know one under the name Joao De Caires that has lived in Venezuela and Curacao and have fanily in Venezuela PLS let me know thx.

Geonaar Ferreira.
  • eu ando a procura de familhia do funchal e par fazer uma sopresa a um amigo
    parentes de SR.spinola era motorista na caixa
    condusia um vw golf branco a muitos anos atras