PITTA

edited December 1969 in Family and Friends
I research Pitta families that originated in the Canhas/Ponta do Sol area. Interested in hearing from anyone with questions or information. Would especially like to hear from Pitta's still in the Canhas area.

Comments

• thers some in stoughton mass-usaBob Pitta wrote:

> I research Pitta families that originated in the Canhas/Ponta
    > do Sol area. Interested in hearing from anyone with questions
    > or information. Would especially like to hear from Pitta's
    > still in the Canhas area.

• My father inlaw originated from Canhas, but his surname is spelled Pita. He is currently living in Caletha.
    His name is Moises Fernandes Pita
  • Pita/Pitta spellings appear in same family ancestrys. Different priests would spell the family name differently. In fact, I am aware of two different priests who served the church of Canhas (Nossa Senhora da Piedade) in the 1800s. Interestingly, they spelled their name with two t's. I have many Fernandes Pitta family trees in my database. If you can provide me a name and birthdate for a family member before 1911, I may be able to provide you a family tree going back several generations.
    Bob Pitta
  • My great grandmother's name was Virginia Castro and my great grandfather's name Franciso Pita. My grandmother listed her residency as Santa Maria Maior. Would you have any information for me? Greatly appreciated.