Tello and Cabralle family search

edited December 1969 in Family and Friends
hi my name is Robin...my grandparents and great grandfather came from Porto Santo....the quota was full in America...early 1900's so they went to Hawaii...then onto Oakland CA...There are two family names........my grandfather was Tom Tello and he married Helen Cabralle.( hopefully spelled correctly but not sure.) I know that their uncle owned an embroidery factory there that his son Nicholas inherited...and perhaps sold? If anyone knows of my family, I would love to hear about them! All the best to all of you in your search!

Comments

• Hi Robin,

My Name is Ana. I live in Toronto. Canada. My mom & dad Were born in Porto Santo and so was I and my brothers & sisters.

When I get home I will as my mother if she ever heard of your family. If so I will get back to you ASAP.

Take care Robin,

Ana

• Hi Robin,

I found out about your grandfather Tom Tello & your Grandmother Helen Cabralle.

My mother remembers them. Also you still have family on the Island.

Your second cosin takes care of my sister's house on the Island.

Please e-mail me for more Info.

e-mail me at arodrig@toronto.ca

Thanks,

Ana

• Hi Ana!
    I was so happy to hear from you that I emailed you as soon as I came back here to see what you said. I am looking forward to hearing all about your trip to Madiera, your family and mine!
    Thank you so much for asking your family, It means a lot to me!
    My email address is cadreamer43@hotmail.com
    I hope you got my last message too! Take care
    Robin
  • Hi Robin,

I did get your last message. Thanks for e-mailing me back. I will send you some pictures of Porto Santo so you can see what it's all about.

Take care,

Ana
  • dear ANA, I HEAR ABOUT SOME PORTUGUES IMIGRANTS BEING SEND BACK TO PORTUGAL FOR ILEGAL REASONS, IF YOU ONE OF THOSE YOU ARE WELCOME TO COME AND STAY IN MY SHED IN THE BACK OF THE GARDEN, COS I HAVE NO DOG NO MORE*BLESS
  • GOOD NEWS ANA, I LAID SOME CARPET IN THE SHED AND IS LOOKING GOOD**