Pita or Pita de Inacio

edited December 1969 in Family and Friends
Seeking members of the Pitta, Pita or Pita de Inacio family from Canhas. Especially the family of João Pita who worked controlling water flow in the levadas.

Comments

• I am researching the family of Manuel Rodrigues b. 1878 Canhas d. 1959 Oakland. His mother was Valentina Augusta Pitta of Canhas, his maternal grandfather, Ferminao Gonsalves Pitta. I believe his first cousins, Manuel Gonsalves Pitta and Joaquim Gonsalves Pitta also immigrated with him. I am currently reviewing the LDS microfilm for Canhas and Pont do Sol. Anything you can add would be helpful.
  • Eric - I have Manuel Rodrigues and 3 generations following in my database. E-mail me at bpitta@comcast.net
  • I am looking for information regarding my grandmother, Ernestina Pita and also my grandfather, John A. Viera (or Vura as he originally spelled it). He was born in 1897 and she in 1879. They were both from Madeira. She from Maria Maior. I have no information on where my grandfather was from. He came to the US (I think) in 1911 and she in 1916. I don't know how they came to be together, marry and have 5 children. Any information greatly appreciated. vierapaula@hotmail.com