"Cause she's bittersweet.
She knocks me off of my feet
And I can't help myself
I don't want anyone else
She's a mystery
She's too much for me
But I keep comin' back for more
She's just the girl I'm lookin' for".

18th century Mahogany. A captain's sea chest. A 1875 Savannah Georgia summer afternoon and you can hear the crickets chirping. This wine is beautiful and her name is Marlee Matlin.
~Karen

Comments

• Hi Karen,

My name is Sergio Pantoja. I live in the city of Rio de Janeiro and I am brand new in this Forum List. My old dad has a Boal 1900 H.M.Borges he got from a Portuguese friend in the 50`s. I would appreciate a lot if you could describe me this wine.

Best regards
    Sergio
  • My name is Sergio Pantoja. I live in the city of Rio de Janeiro and I am brand new in this Forum list. My old dad has a Boal 1900 H.M.Borges he got from a Portuguese friend in the 50`s. I would appreciate a lot if somebody could describe me this wine and give me a price information.

Best regards
    Sergio
  • Hello Sergio,

The 1900 vintage was very good, according to the vintage records and other Madeira writers. I have not had the pleasure tasting any wines from this vintage. I recently finished the 1905 Verdelho mentioned in the previous post and it was fantastic to the last drop. I have also not tried any wines of the H. M. Borges House.

It would be hard to give a value as there is too great of a spread in the retail prices for the 1900 Madeiras. Also being in Brazil it is harder to sell to anyone outside of your country. I would try to offer it on Brazil Ebay or to a Rio wine merchant on consignment. Around 300.00 US and up.

Good Luck.
  • Hi Karen,

Thanks for your reply.I would like to send you a photo of my 1900 Boal H.M.Borges. How can I send it ?

I have a brother who lives in LA. He will be here in Rio in mid May for a couple of days, and maybe he will take the Boal for selling in USA to get a better price. But I still have no specific information about this wine.It is not mentioned in Madeira Wine Guide, and even H.M.Borges has nothing to say.
    Is it so rare ?

Best rgds

Sergio