Finding old friends

edited December 1969 in Family and Friends
hi, I used to visit Funchal every year up until about 15 years ago & I really miss the place the people. I would love to trace some of the people I used to know way back then, too many to list. My mother, cousin & I used to stay in a flat in Ponta da cruz & used to spend most of our days on the rocks near Cavacas or in the square & at night in the old town, Formula 1, No 2 or Bar on the Rocks (no longer there!) I am finally getting to return With my cousin in April. Can anyone tell me if Jose Soares from Sao Martinho is still alive & well, he would be about 58 now,he used to work in the Quinta de sol hotel restaurant with Arlindo, Marco & Alberto & he also owned a bar near a bakery. Rosa would love to Know if he is ok? Also would be nice to catch up with Vasco,Carlos Paulo,Neil, Chris & Sergio (all of whom would now be between 37-43 years old)
If you think you may recognise yourself please get in touch, thanks!

Comments

• Hi
    I am looking for a VERY DEAR friend of mine who moved across to Madeira (her family home) from South Africa approx 9 years ago. Her name is Susanna Marakas (her married name) – her maiden name was GRANITO. She was born on 18 March 1967. Her husband is George, she has 4 children, 3 sons, Nicholas, Sergio, Michael and a daughter. Her parents, EVA & ROMEO GRANITO moved across to Madeira (they owned a home there) at around the same time. Her sister Lynn, with her children, was already living in Madeira.
    If anyone should know of Sue’s whereabouts, I would very much appreciate any information. I have recently moved to Australia and am desperate to make contact with her.

Many thanks
    COLLEEN DEEB
  • Hi Colleen!

Hope the sites that I suggest here could help you in your search for your friends... if you have any questions just feel free to reply here ok...

------------------
    Background Check | People Search | Free Background Checks