Things in Madeira for a 3 year old

edited December 1969 in General
Hi there

I am visiting Medeira over New Year and taking my 3 year old daughter. Does anyone have any suggestions for places we can visit whilst there that she will enjoy.

Many thanks.
Matt

PS. If interested in a ticket from London Stansted over NY then see my post under Travel.

Comments

• There are several things you could do. There is a nice park with called "Madeira Magic" with activities for children. Maybe not as young as a 3 year old. But still worth a try if not just to see the nicely landscaped garden portion. see http://www.madeira-magic.com/exhibitions_science.htm

Since you are coming over the new year there will be many in town and free shows on the roads. Stalls with handicrafts, many displays, and shows for children at the Funchal municipal gardens. Your child will love the town centre decorations and its many lights.
  • Hi Matt
    You can visit the Museu aquario in funchal, is a old musseum aquarium, near the Igreja de Sao Pedro, at funchal. Also the Parque tematico. Is a Park at santana, with lovelly pond you can take a canoe boat and go around with her. also lots of things for kids.
    Go to the fun fair at Praia Formosa. quite good and lots of fun.
    Also naer the funhal catedral in promenade are lots of fun ,like big Santas, litle trains and nativity sets for her to see.
    Take the cable ar to village of Monte and bak to funchal is good fun.
    Are you stay in funchal?
    Im from madeira and live in uk, every xmas we go to madeira visiting relatives and our daugther loves, even now she 16 lokesforward to go there.
    Have fun.
    regards
    Joao correia