Sky Sports

edited December 1969 in General
Can anyone tell me how I can get Sky Sports installed? Thanks.

Comments

• I'm sure someone will correct me if this is wrong, but for sports, you need a set top box from UK and a satellite dish here. Sky is not strictly legal here but several pubs have it (White House, Prince Albert ) The dishes I believe are very expensive and need to be quite large. Hope this helps

• You will need a pace2600 c1 receiver,which you can get off ebay,the pace 2600 is a very good fringe box for weak signals,also if your still looking for a dish then a 240cm dish from the uk will cost about £200 and about £4o to ship to Madeira.
    The dishes can also be found on ebay. hope this helps!!!
  • You need to go to a shop in Caniço, I think it is called ElctroCaniço or ElectroSol (not sure). They will set up everything for you. They are near the village pub. But right after the Caniço Shopping Centre.
  • Is there somewhere to watch Sky Sports on Madeira? I'm over next week during the Ryder Cup.
  • hi SPARKY,there is THE PRINCE ALBERT pub--good food as well.5 min walk from SAVOY HOTEL.
    THE WHITE HOUSE near the MONUMENTAL LIDO.
    THE RED LION opp CARLTON HOTEL.
    THE QUEEN VIC 200yds from PRINCE ALBERT.
    you will probably need to check if it clashes with football on sky
  • Bob Wrote:
    -------------------------------------------------------
    > Can anyone tell me how I can get Sky Sports
    > installed? Thanks.

Hi,

We have all sat in here - Hispasat, Hotbird, Astra and many other setups.

We can provide the hardware. Dish, LNB.

You need a box and card from Sky.

The prices depend on the quality of dish and performance.

Best regards

Ruy
  • Hi there

You can have Sky in Madeira and I have a contact who deals with a company in the UK that will supply a Sky box and card with UK details and will then send it here. You will need to acquire a 1.8 meter dish to be able to receive the Astra satalites for Sky and freeview. If anyone needs any further assistance then contact me and I can forward you the contact of the English chap here who does the satalite installations

The Madeira Times
  • hi,do you have any idea of cost of said system,please?
  • green dragon Wrote:
    > hi,do you have any idea of cost of said
    > system,please?

Hi,

Let me explain again in more detail:

We can provide all kind of dish and satellite systems (KU, C and S band ), but depends on the amount of money the client wants to spend.

- The full system: dish, LNB, BOX (Sky Digibox), card (with all channels) and a small device to request the interactive and special services.

- Freesat (BBC1, BBC2, BBC3, BBC4, ITV, Channel4, five, etc ): dish, LNB, BOX (Sky Digibox), card - in this package, we receive the free channels and some other encrypted. From time to time, you need to pay the sky card.

- The free to air: dish, LNB, BOX (any box with good reception tunner). You don't need any card. You get only the free channels.

Please call me in Skype.com - ruy_benton for further info or requests.

We supply dish and the rest of equipment to Hispasat (portuguese and spanish channels), Astra, Hotbird and many other satellites.

We install Internet by satellite - full package or downlink only.

Best Regards,

Ruy Benton
  • Hi again,

If you want to receive the channels in a computer, we can provide PCI boards.

These boards only receive the "The free to air".

Sky Star 1 (Nexus) and many others brands.

Best Regards

Ruy Benton
  • Rosy Wrote:
    > I'm sure someone will correct me if this is wrong,
    > but for sports, you need a set top box from UK and
    > a satellite dish here. Sky is not strictly legal
    > here
    >

Does anyone know about the legality of sky?
  • Sky is not technically legal in Madeira as they only have the contract to transmit and sell their packages in the UK. But as the satellite is positioned way up there in space the transmission cannot be curbed so that only the UK receives it. This is why you have to subscribe to receive Sky in the UK as they are not allowed to make a contract with you outside of the region.
    You can get Sky broadcasting here as long as you use a UK billing address and don't inform them that you are using your box, card and package elsewhere.
    Hope this helps.
  • Cheers for that, thats excellent information. I'll definatley look into getting it. What is the quality like? as it's a digital signal I assume it'll be as good as it would be in the uk? I'm moving over mid to end next year and have only just found this forum. :)
  • HI RUY I'V JUST MOVED TO MADELANA DO MAR I HAVE SKY+ BOX FROM UK BUT NEED SETTING UP.IF YOU CAN COME TAKE A LOOK? AND GIVE PRICE KIND REGARDS JAN F
  • prince albert and good FOOD..... ARE YOU HAVING A LAUGH MATE**
  • jan Wrote:
    > HI RUY I'V JUST MOVED TO MADELANA DO MAR I HAVE
    > SKY+ BOX FROM UK BUT NEED SETTING UP.IF YOU CAN
    > COME TAKE A LOOK? AND GIVE PRICE KIND REGARDS JAN
    > F

Hi Jan,

call me:

Skype.com -> ruy_benton

or

Yahoo Messenger -> ruy_benton