Looking for expats

edited December 1969 in General
Hi everyone my name is Phillip and I am new member from England.
I have been dating a girl from Madeira for a few years, she lives in Guernsey.
Visited Madeira last year for the first time and I was amazed how beautiful it was.
I have had a dream of leaving England for around ten years or more. I have spent a considerable amount of time researching, visiting and even buying off-plans in many alternative counties including Spain, Brazil, Montenegro, USA etc.
And then I discovered Madeira! (Which I had never even heard of) at Long last my search is over, I have found Paradise!
We are going again the end of march/April to visit her family and look for building land, and maybe hook up with some expats.
We would like a building plot around Calheta.
If anyone has any advice, know of any land or would like to meet up for a chat then please reply or alternatively you can email me at djphil@talktalk.net or call me on 0044 7802947592
Thank you for reading this post, I hope to build long lasting friendships with likeminded people.
King Regards
Phillip.

Comments

• Hi Phil,

Calheta covers a lot of different climates, different vegetation, and different possibilities for activities. It would be good for you to describe what kind of land/climate/size/activities you are considering. Don't quite understand what you mean re having bought in all these diff countries. but suggests that you know price is determined by location, location and location.

There is a lot for sale - land, ruins, habitable but needs to be reno'd, mountain, sea side, village, isolated/private so unless you have a some focus it is hard to comment on what/where to look.

I am guessing you are dating a woman, not a girl???

Cheers
  • Hi Phil,
    I have just seen your email with interest, due to new and exiting law change to attract investors from both in and outside of the EU. Portugal has become an EU tax haven after Malta. Zero taxes on pensions dating back from Jan-2012 for a period of ten years and a non inheritance tax. You can even buy or build your home tax free, but there are restrictions. I'm here to help the Norwegians set up a second home and can pass on to you information that might help you in your search at no cost to you.
    Cheers,
    Victor