Madeira Contacts

2»

Comments

• Hello Out there;
    My family is about to start a Tree,However,This is indeed a long process.
    We are Portuguese born in British guyana,Presently"Guyana"Our Grand parents on both sides of the family were born in Portugal..Pombo.Nobrega,De Freitas,Correira...Perhaps we can exchange some information to any one interested..Period..Early 1800-2005.
    Thank you ..Decio de Freitas..
  • I WAS IN ENGLAND ABOUT 4 YEARS AGO I MET A WONDERFUL GUY WHO IS FROM MADEIRA, HE LEFT ME IN ENGLAND ALONE AND I RETURN HOME IN SOUTH AFRICA. WE WORK TOGETHER IN SOUTHPORT.

IF SOMEONE KNOWS SALVINO IN MADEIRA PLEASE LET ME KNOW I WANT TO COME AND VISSIT HIM IN PORTUGAL.

MY EMAIL ADRES IS : deloff6@hotmail.com
  • Hello Decio. This is quite strange,You might have noticed that my name is the same as yours,Also the Family connections are similar.

Did you ever worked at Forgarty's in Georgetown Guyana?..I did.
    Drop me a line so we can take it from here...
    I find this very interesting...DECIO DE FREITAS
  • IF ANYONE IS STILL READING THIS - I AM A DE FREITAS (MAYBE WAS ONCE JUST FREITAS?) - HOW DO YOU GO ABOUT SEARCHING?

OH...AND THERE ARE A TON OF PORTUGUESE HERE IN SAN DIEGO IF ANYONE WANTS TO WRITE ME - I WILL BRING YOUR EMAILS TO THE FESTA COMING UP AND GIVE IT TO THE APPROPRIATE PERSON.

LISA
  • My surname is correia, my dad is correia and my inlauws are correia.
    if i can help get in touch
  • Hi My Name is Brandon Jose Neves, i might have info that could help in your search i too am looking for my family, we might be related, please contact me brandon@djbosman.co.za
  • my grandmother was born on madeira in 1878, and somehow left and lived on saint vincent, BWI. i know she was raised in a orphanage, probably catholic, but i don't know if it was in madeira or saint vincent. there could not have been many orphanages on the island back then. any info appreciated.
    thanks
    gary goldman
    teaneck, new jersey, usa
    trylon48@gmail.com
  • O MEU SOBRENOME ERA GARCES CONSTANTINO
    EU PROCURO UM AMIGO J.A.P.MACEDO FARIA NASCEU EM 1947 EM PONTA DO SOL
  • greeings to all who read this message I am trying to find my fathers family his name( john ) Joao gomes de Freitas Ramalho I know he was born in Mont in Madeira I am always visiting Madeira every year but lost the nerve to find his family my son found a bit of information of him. i would so much like to find where my grandparents (Avo) was buried also if I have any family there my father had a sister Named Ana I was named after her I am british and also live in Uk my mother was also Portuguese we all knew her family. I would be so grateful for all the help I can have thanking you kindly ana ramalho
  • Looking for grandparents James Alexander Melville
    Believe he was born on st Vincent
    Married Margaret rodrigues who was raised by nuns either on madeira or st Vincent . anyone
    Know of orphanges On madeira in the 1800 s
  • I know of a Cecil defreitas who came to USA in early 1900 s from st Vincent
  • looking for the family of my late father the surname:- gomes de Freitas Ramalho I think he was born in Monte in madeira should any one in madeira could furnish me with any information about the Ramalho family li ving in madeira I knew he had a sister called Ana I was named after her she may have had children or grand children please make contact my email address is (ana@manous.f2s.com) I do visit Madeira every year
    thanking you Dr Ana Ramalho Callan
  • hi there greetings from the UK you have stated your grand parents came from Portugal. are you sure? almost all the portuguese that arrived there was from Madeira good luck Ana de Freitas callan
  • Great-great grandfather, Rodrigo da Franca, born in 1880s in Calheta. Removed with family to Brasil, then to New York in 1900. Would appreciate any links.
  • Sandra Wrote:
    -------------------------------------------------------
    > My granparents names are Norberto Da Silva from
    > Camara De Lobos date 2/2/1931 and married to Maria
    > Jose Neves from Santa Cruz date of Birth
    > 27/12/1930
    >
    > Thats all I got for my mother's parents my mother
    > is Arceolinda Neves Da Silva and she married my
    > dad Manuel Fernando Rodrigues Bettencourt they
    > married in 1977 and we move to Australia in 1988
    > and I know that i have relatives there.

Hi Sandra, how far did you get with your Family Tree? I'd be interested in collaborating.

My Great Grandparents names were Manuel Da Silva 1878 - 1943 and Antonia Da Silva (don't know Maiden name) 1887 - 1974. Did you happen to come across their names in your search?
  • Hello Jacintha, this is Ric Nobrega have not heard from you in several years ,please drop me a line would like to know how life is treating you, and hope all is well with your family.