Looking for family of Manuel Franco (born in Funchal)

edited December 1969 in Family and Friends
Hi

I am trying to trace the family tree of my grandfather. His name was Manuel Franco. He was born in Funchal, Madeira in 1897 on the 14th of February. He moved to South Africa in his later years (during the 1940's) and married a woman called Ester Olivier. I think he was already in his late 40's/early 50's when he came to SA. He was in his late 50's when him and his wife had my mother.

I know that he did have children before he left Portugal to come to South Africa. Unfortunately I dont know much more than that.

If this sounds like a story from your family history, please reply. I would love to trace my Portuguese relatives.

Thank you

Comments

• Natasha please e mail me when you read this message ,hawk-i.......................................
  • I have been trying to get in touch with you for the last two months with no luck, is all well with you and the family?

I am hoping that you now can find another server to work from that has no connection probelms, as i have another friend in the Johannesburg are whom i talk to often, and have never had a probelm with the net, so i am to assume it may be with your provider....................