Racist Island

edited December 1969 in General
This Island is an over priced RACIST @!#$ hole

Comments

• I AM FROM MADEIRA LIVING IN UK BUT I NEVER CAME A CROSS BAD PEOPLE. I AM PROUD TO BE MADEIRA PERSON ,I GO TO MADEIRA EVERY YEAR.
  • ROBERT, I THINK THAT YOU HAVE A COMPLEX,IT SEEMS TO ME THAT ANYTHING THAT HAPPENS THAT IS NOT TO YOUR LIKING YOU BLAME ON PEOPLE AROUND YOU,AND WHAT A BETTER WAY TO EXPRESS YOUR FRUSTATIONS BUT CALLING PEOPLE RACISTS, IT IS FASHION NOW, COME ALIVE, MAN YOU HAVE A BIG PROBLEM!
    MADEIRA IS A TURIST DESTINATION IT IS NOT A DOLE OFFICE, IF YOU DON`T HAVE THE MONEY STAY AT HOME , IF YOU HAVE ONE.
  • thanks for your support PETER FROM MARK.UK
  • Your remarks made me chuckle, you could call a lot of the world racist if you like but please not Madeira, they are the nicest kindest most generous people you could ever meet. Get a life!
  • I would be interested to know what made you form this opinion. Have you actually been to Madeira or are you just winding us up.

Ana
  • Us who are us? Yes I have spent many years in Madeira, I am married to a wonderful man from Madeira, and I have lots of family living there,not that it is any of your business.From your e mails you sound rude and intrusive, I always like to think the best in people but perhaps you might prove me wrong.
  • Ana IS your name ROBERT, because that is who I am replying to not you, you idiot.

BOTH my parents and all my family are from Madeira so I would hardly be likely to be calling the place would I. Read the whole thread and get it straight in your head before you reply, it will save you making a fool of yourself again.

Ana
  • People!!!! People !!!!!
    Quit fighting will you!
    Anyhow...Robert.....you poor soul, everyone has bad experiences
    and you should not be insulting and categorizing an entire island and it's people because of one bad experience.

You know what they say...."it only takes one bad spoiled apple to spoil the rest."

I've been to Madeira on several occasions on holidays and will keep returning, not only for it's beauty but for the warm and friendly locals I have comed across. And as for the cost of things there, well, I live in North America so if you think Madeira is expensive you are totally wrong.
    Robet, like I said, remember that it was just "one bad spoiled apple, not all the others".

Brenda
  • What you talking about? Im from Madeira, im white and im going out with a black guy (half cast) Im not racist, everyone has their own opinion, just because you had a bad experience does not mean you can go calling everyone from Madeira racist ok! Plus there are racist people all over the world so shut the @!#$ up!
  • Oh............did i forget?
    Not only are you racists but your rude
    Am I not allowd to have an opinion even if its not to your liking?
    Thank you for showing your true colours
    And proving me right.
    Thank you
    Love
    Robert
  • I agree with you Ana, I am from Madeira and no one could ever call it a Racist island.
  • Robert, I think you have a problem, are you seeking a reaction are you attention seeking?well I suggest you get yourself some therapy and leave the people of Madeira alone until you get a grip on yourself.
  • Yeah I see your point Robert. Actually the entire country is kinda racist. You see the poor black people in the slums living in terrible conditions. On top of that, hotels would never hire them to be receptionist/concierge. Every country in this world is full of such unfortunate mentality.

Anyways, aside from that Brazil is a pretty nice country. Racism there is different from U.S.-style racism. But anyways, it's still there and people should stop being so ignorant to it.
  • Robert you can only be 2 things a cubano (portugese from main land ) because it is the only people i have come across talking bad about madeira as they are so backwards and slow when you land in lisbon airport the captain always says welcome to potugal can you please look at your watches and turn them back 50 years as portugal is the @!#$ of europe they can not pick on anybody else but madeira or you are white trash that goes to spain costa del sol or ibiza just with enough money for beer and chips getting pissed everyday, vomiting all over the place vandalizing everything giving this country (uk) the reputation it has now..

So what are you a cubano or a redneck????????????????

YOU PIECE OF SH!T LUV FROM SONIA
  • Robert i am from Madeira and tings Yo seem is RIDICULAS infact In gles people is do unes moi racistas I never came acrosse; Yo bolivar my or not. Iam sorry my ingles is not perfect bat I tanck Yo uenderstand my.Honest God ef yo bolive my I go to Madeira frequentely and tol my frends everting ingles lik and the people so descusting because I had very bad experiencie in England.
  • Robert i am from Madeira and tings Yo seem is RIDICULAS infact In gles people is do unes moi racistas I never came acrosse; Yo bolivar my or not. Iam sorry my ingles is not perfect bat I tanck Yo uenderstand my.Honest God ef yo bolive my I go to Madeira frequentely and tol my frends everting ingles lik and the people so descusting because I had very bad experiencie in England.
  • Madeira is so beautiful that a lot of people get sooooo jealous.They wish there counrtry would be sooo popular.What a chame people are so mean.But God is powerful.I'm so in love with the beautiful mountains Madeira has.With the beautiful flowers,with the beautiful people,There's always somthing on
    that Island that makes me fall in love.It's so unique in beauty.
    For the people that don't want to acknowledge the beauty of Madeira,I can tell you to also look for a website from your country.
    And say good things abaut it(if there is).Envy destroys people.
  • Madeira is so beautiful that a lot of people get sooooo jealous.They wish there counrtry would be sooo popular.What a chame people are so mean.But God is powerful.I'm so in love with the beautiful mountains Madeira has.With the beautiful flowers,with the beautiful people,There's always somthing on
    that Island that makes me fall in love.It's so unique in beauty.
    For the people that don't want to acknowledge the beauty of Madeira,I can tell you to also look for a website from your country.
    And say good things abaut it(if there is).Envy destroys people.
  • Hi Vania, calling someone half-caste is often considered offensive, correct terminology, bi-racial or mixed race, just to be safe, just saying, might not be the case in Madeira.

Me and my family hope to visit your beautiful island very soon. I hope and pray I dont bump into any people who suffer from xenophobia. A British, Asian, Muslim.