Portuguese Consulate in London, England

Comments

• To whon it may concern:

A varios dias que eu tento telefonar para o Consulado Portugues para informacoes sobre o actual horario e regras do Consulado e sou sempre atendida por uma caixa de correio,o meu assunto e sobre o registo de uma bebe nascida na Inglaterra e filha de pais Portugueses.Eu nao tenho acesso a fax por isso se por possivel , darem informacoes atraves do meu email e documentos nessecarios. E como obter entrevista Agradeceria Informacoes o mais depressa possivel devido eu ter q viajar o proximo mes.

yours kindly
    Erika Fontes
  • Here you go:

E-mail address for portuguese council: mail@cglon.dgaccp.pt

Good luck!!
  • Sou portugues e desde Setembro de 2001 vivo em Inglaterra. Nao tenho passaporte. So tenho como identificacao o Bilhete de Identidade. Sempre que vou a Portugal de ferias nao tenho qualquer problema no aeroporto ao voltar ao UK.
    No entanto no final de Maio vou ter que viajar por motivos profissionais á Republica Checa.
    Sei que este país desde Maio de 2004 esta na Uniao Europeia no entanto nao sei se tenho a mesma liberdade de circulacao que tenho entre Portugal e o UK.

A minha pergunta é a seguinte: Sera que para me deslocar á Republica Checa terei de me deslocar a Londres para tirar o meu passaporte, ou sera que somente necesito o meu B.I para entrar nesse país?

Gostaria que gentilmente me enviassem a vossa resposta para o meu email directo: kimmendes666@aol.com

Sem mais, com amizade.
    Joaquim Jose R. Mendes
  • gostava de saber o que e presiso para fazer o pasaporte obrigado
  • ....Preciso de renovar o meu BI, sera possivel faze-lo sem me deslocar ao consulado, apenas enviando os documentos necessarios e o dinheiro para todas as despesas?
    Obrigado!

• Hi,

I got a friend , he is portuguese and his ID card already expired for a while ( his daughter 's possport also expired ). So , he would like to know if he can renew both his ID card and daughter's passport in London embassy , or he has to go to Potugal? Can he do the application by post to london /potugal ?

Can anyone know how to deal with this , please contact me by e-mail boboscott2005@yahoo.co.uk

Thanks a lot

• I CAN U TELL ME IF THE E-MAIL ADRESS THAT U PUT IS FROM THE PORTUGUESE CONSULATE IN LONDON .
    AND IF WE CAN ASK FOR INFORMATION ON WHAT DOCUMENTS WE NEED FOR THE FIRST PASSPORT FOR MY TWO KID'S THE ARE NOT REGISTERD THERE.
  • Hi

My Portuguese passport and ID card expired over a year ago, I need to get them renewed.

I live in London

I understand where i need to go and i need to go Very early but Can anyone tell me how long it takes to get your ID card and Passport (do you get it on the same day??)

I dont have my Portuguese Birth certificate with me as it is in Portugal, do i need this??

I still have my old ID card and Two previous old passports.

Anyone who has been there please help!

Thank you!
  • eu gostaria de ter mais informaçåo au sujeito de renuvar o passaporte e B.I.,
    presciso da certidåo de nascimento ou nao e para os meus filhos devem estar presentes . se alguem me puder informar eu agradecia
  • Hello!
    I need help, in a BIG way!!!
    I'll fill you in & perhaps you can advise?
    My father is portuguese, my mother South African. I've all relevant documents, Fathers' passport, id etc. My fathers' surname is Goncalves. As I'm a S.A citizen, and my parents were never married, I'm using my mothers' surname.
    I'd obviously like to apply for a Portuguese ID & passport, but I'm not 100% certain on how to go about it...
    Is there anyone I could get in touch with who could guide me??
    i'd GREATLY appreciate any assistance you are able to offer!
    thank you!
    Kind regards,sam

• ola sou o Manuel, preciso de uma informacao, o meu pai e portugues, e eu sou venezolano quais sao os requesitos necessarios para ter o passaporte portugues? thank you

• Hi there,

I have been trying to get my passport sorted out in Cape Town for over a year, trust me I don't know if it will be any easier over there. My brother is coming over and the two of us are going to try here!
  • Hi!
    I would like to Renew my son's passport and my ID card.
    Is it possible that I can do it by post? Or do I have to
    go to the consulate.

Please help
    thanks

• ATTENTION ;

Portugues people who works in the portugual consulade they should feel ashmed just to work in that place ; how they treat the portugues people, someone as to do someting about this it worse than lambeth? I been trying to make a appointement for nearly 3 months by phone always busy , fax busy, e-mail not replay dont know what to do
    your opnion ;is make a petition again to the embassy in london why we been treat like this very disgusting..............
  • hi guys, im having the same probleme, my portuguese I.D. card has xpired, i need it to travel back to Madeira in sptember, i fear i wount have it sorted by then.
    Isent the Portuguese consulete located in Regent Street, im realy good with roads, couse a load of people have told me its there, and i have been reading its in Knightsbridge, or is it all the same thing, im confused lol.

If anyone can arrange a complete address that would be cool,
    thanks guys
  • eu preciso saber quais sao os direitos de brasileiro conseguir a decendencia portuguesa ...
  • olá: Chamo-me Ivo Sousa e pretendo ir trabalhar para Inglaterra. Sou licenciado e gostaria de saber o k devo fazer para ver as minhas habillitações reconhecidas em Inglaterra.

Obrigado, Ivo
  • THE CONSULATE IS NOT IN KNIGHTSBRIDGE ANYMORE IS NEAR OXFORD CIRCUS!!!!!!gilli wrote:

> Hi Anne,
    >
    > You need to go to the Portuguese Embassy in Knighstbrigde, and
    > you don't need an appoitment as it works like this who ever
    > comes first gets served.
    >
    > You need to get there for at least 7/8am and by this time you
    > need to join the massive queue.
    >
    > That Embassy is a nightmare, there is no organisational skills
    > whatsoever. For example I took the day off in order to go to
    > the embassy and change my maiden name to my married name. After
    > queuing for such a long time and spending £28 on the train,
    > they told me to go home and comeback another day because there
    > was too many people to serve.
    >
    > They think that people like us have all the time in the world,
    > they don't know the meaning of the word pressure.
    >
    > I would like to see how would these people be able to handle
    > really, really stressful jobs of where they had deadlines to
    > meet.
    >
    > Good luck to you Anne maybe you will be more successful than I.

• Hi there,

Can someone please advise: I need to change my name on my passport to my married one now. I'm already registered with the portugese consulate in london and also had my passporte renewed once.

I've tried contacting the consualte but no answer. Could someone who has been through the same process advise what should I do?

1. how long does the process take
    2. do I have to visit the consulate or the embassy
    3. what documents do they require

Many thanks,
    Rita.
  • Hi,well done for your coments and I totally agree with you.I am British and my Husband Portuguese,Over the last 14 years we have had to go to the consulate lots of times and find it very frustrating the time you have to wait,the awful customer service skills the staff have.No one to complain to.What a way to represent there Country and People.Some one must be in charge and should be ashamed,we would not have to put up with it at another company in Britain.After all we are the customers,They charge us for every document we need.
  • Ola bom dia,

Gostaria de saber em q sitio fica o consulado Portugues em Londres e o numero de telefone... sei q ja nao e em ningtbridge... Sera possivel renovar o passaporte sem ter que me deslocar...

Muito obrigada e tenham um bom dia

• oi,
    Estou morando em Portugal mais tenho que ficar 2 meses aqui em Londres, estou precisando resolver algumas coisas , mas preciso estar com residencia de Portugal na minha identidade porque ele esta com residencia no Brasil, mais ja tenho os papeis com minha residencia em Portugal aqui comigo.
    obrigado pela atencao

marcus
  • dear sir or madam .could you please tell me the price of a potugues passport.also would you please send me the phone number of the potugues consulate in manchester. thank you.
  • Boa noite
    Seria passivel se alguem tem o contacto do Consulado em Manchester.
    Muito obrigado
  • claudia wrote:

>
    >
    > I CAN U TELL ME IF THE E-MAIL ADRESS THAT U PUT IS FROM THE
    > PORTUGUESE CONSULATE IN LONDON .
    > AND IF WE CAN ASK FOR INFORMATION ON WHAT DOCUMENTS WE NEED FOR
    > THE FIRST PASSPORT FOR MY TWO KID'S THE ARE NOT REGISTERD
    > THERE.
  • that a very good idea, but how would we go on about this?
    maybe someone who can write portugusese call the portugal press and make a scandal? maybe that would get them a bit worried and start treating people with the respect they deserve!! Anyone knows portugal press email or telephone?
  • Hello my name is Maria and live in North Wales Conwy, I would like to know what do I need to do to get married with my boyfriend who is british I bet I will need a dozen documents from the portuguese consulate in this country???? Is only in London or there is one in Manchester or Liverpool???!!!!!
  • Hello,
    I need some advice please, i got married to a portuguese man in 1999 and we have a 5 year old son named Rui,only my husband abandoned us in 2002 saying he needed to pop over to portugal for a week and he never came back.He may have gone to another woman over there or he may have another family i dont care, all i want is for our son to know his heritage. What i want to know is how to get passprts for him and i, all i have is our marriage certificate and my husbands expired passport.Any ideas of what else i would need? please help.
  • Oi, estou querendo fazer cidadania portuguesa, mais nao sei como procurar pela certidao de nascimento de e como esse processo tem q ser feito.
  • Hi

I just setup a website for the portuguese community in UK.

#############################
    It's www.tugas.co.uk
    #############################

It's all in Portuguese

There's some informations that I try to colect about the services in the consul but hope it's clear.

PS: Please, understand that I don't know all the answer's for your issues and for this reasson I put the consul's contacts online. So don't ask me when your passport is ready, ask them!

Gostaria de dar a conhecer o meu website acima descrito.

Esta destinado para a comunidade portuguesa no Reino Unido e contem informacoes sobre os contacto do consul.

Espero que a informacao seja clara mas por favor leiam.
    Se querem respostas perguntem ao consul e nao a mim pois eu nao sei, por exemplo, quando o passaporte esta pronto ou se posso levantar a certidao de nascimento em Vila Real.
    Existem um Forum la' onde podemos exprimir as experiencias que passamos no consulado mais famoso do mundo!